RESPECTFUL HOME BIRTH CARE WITH CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL MIDWIVES
About Our Practice
The midwives at NOVA WHC provide full-spectrum care for families wishing to birth their babies at home. We offer regular prenatal care on a regular schedule, online scheduling, home birth, and postpartum care up to 8 weeks postpartum. The midwifery model of care is based on client choice and autonomy and shared decision making, and relies on current evidence.
We provide care that includes your entire family, including 45 minute appointments. Children and partners are welcome to be as involved as you prefer in all aspects of your care.
We also provide:
- Ultrasound referrals
- Nutrition consultation
- Pre-conception counseling
- Well body care (including PAP smears)
What we offer
- Water birth
- VBAC and VBA2C
- Support for paleo & ketogenic diets
- Support for mothers in intense exercise regimens such as CrossFit
- Herbal remedies
- 45 minute appointments
- Insurance billing
- Lactation support
- Pre-conception counseling
- Well body care & PAP smears
- Care of the normal newborn for 6 weeks
- Professional relationships with hospital providers and pediatricians for consults and transfers
- Phone and email support
- Military discount
NOVA WHC is licensed to attend births in VIrginia and Maryland.
You may qualify to pay little or no up front fees to the midwives, depending on your insurance coverage. Please click here to contact us for a FREE verification of beneifts with your insurance company.
- Clients are required to purchase a birth kit that is around $40. There are also some other items on the list of supplies that can mainly be found within your household; paper towels, tissues, hydrogen peroxide, etc.
Gentle, knowledgeable, and calming.
Brit is an excellent care provider. She is very gentle, knowledgable and calming. Throughout my pregnancy she dedicated herself to the needs of my family.
Supportive, responsive, non-judgemental.
"Ryann was a lifesaver in the days following my delivery. She came over and spent hours with me and my husband getting us through those first difficult days when you are struggling to survive from hour to hour. She helped me figure out a path to feeding him when it became clear my milk supply wasn't sufficient. She was supportive, responsive, non judgmental and so knowledgeable about breastfeeding.”
The best of 4 deliveries!
“Brit was there when I needed her where I needed her and that helped make my delivery the best experience ever! My son was even born with some complications not due to the delivery and she was there to research and make sure I understand the problems he was having without being pushed by doctors on decisions I had the hand in! Thanks, Brit, for the best out of 4 deliveries!" — B.M.